PLANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
L&A Partners is a recruiting firm specialized in financial careers. We are currently seeking on behalf of a client, an international manufacturing group, a Plant Controller (m/f).
You will join a plant with a yearly production representing 80ME sales and a headcount of 230. This plant plays also a role of regional European warehouse, distributing in South Europe, products manufactured by other European plants.
The Financial Controller is in charge of ensuring monthly closings, results monitoring and controlling for the full plant perimeter. Member of the plant executive committee, he / she acts as a key business partner in the plant, providing financial information and analysis to drive profit improvement and closely follow the investment projects. He / She is also responsible for the Cost Deployment process within our continuous improvement program.
He / She reports hierarchically to the Plant Director and functionally to the EMEA CFO.
1. Monthly results analysis:
- Guarantees financial statements are accurate and closed on time.
- Analyses monthly results vs budget and last year, provides explanation of variances by type of cost, product, department. Proposes (in link with the plant leadership team) countermeasures or action plans as required by the business
- Prepares the monthly reporting information (to be presented at division level with the plant manager)
2. Budget & Forecast:
- Oversees the budget and forecasting process of the plant and builds budget P&L/Balance sheet.
- Ensures that standard cost calculation is properly done (Bill of materials, routings, prices and rates update) every year
3. Be the financial focus point of the plant and right hand of the plant manager, in charge of conducting analysis to bring the plant to a good level of understanding of its operational and financial performance.
- Industrial controlling:
- Validates efficiency of the productivity actions through their impact on financial results
- Define and follow-up relevant daily/weekly indicators to control and monitor activity / productivity / efficiency
- Supply chain controlling:
- Implement relevant monitoring tools to ensure quality of inventories.
- Closely collaborate with Supply chain to implement and follow up supply chain actions plans
- Continuous improvement and productivity:
- Deploys twice a year an in-depth cost deployment analysis to identify and prioritize losses and potential savings
- Continuously improves cost awareness within the team to tend to a systematic losses identification and actions implementation
- Monitor Productivity Action Plan
- Internal control:
- Ensures that processes are in place and makes sure that key control to evaluate its performance are effective.
- Capital expenditures:
- Plan capital expenditures with operational departments to built budget & forecast
- Review, challenge and validate Capital expenditure requests (IAF), mainly cost of capex (number of quotations, purchasing actions, etc.) and validity of the proposed savings/pay-back (if relevant)
- You hold a master’s degree in finance and have a solid experience as a financial controller in an industrial/operational context.
- You are dynamic, curious, pragmatic and are looking for a hands-on job fostering a financial culture in a dynamic leadership team.
- You master Excel, and preferably have a first experience working with SAP.
- You are fluent in English and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.