SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST H/F
L&A Partners est un cabinet spécialisé dans la recherche de cadres et dirigeants en Assurance et Finance d’entreprise
Dans le cadre d'un poste à pourvoir chez l'un de nos clients, compagnie internationale de réassurance nous recherchons un Senior Business analyst H/F.
The CTO department is the department in charge of
- providing all the means to support the underwriting activities
- ensuring that all the underwriting complies with the Group guidelines
- improve the underwriting journey and anticipate future needs.
The activities are split into three categories:
- Tool management
- Process management
- Data insight for the Underwriting activities
Under the responsibility of the Head of Data, Tools and Process management, your responsibilities will be twofold:
- Under the Tool management activity, you will be working on the development of the new Underwriting Platform, called UP. This tool is a web-based application used by the underwriters to manage the whole contract life cycle, to assess the risk and price it.
You will be accountable of some functionalities of the application. It means:
- Identifying and collecting user requirements through organization of workshops with end-users (underwriters and technical assistants),
- Formalizing business and functional requirements and following-up their correct understanding by the IT Team in the design of the tool,
- Assisting the IT Team on the UX design and development work done in an Agile manner, making sure choices and deviations are shared with Business Owners / end-users,
- Defining functional test cases and organizing UAT with end-users,
- Assisting the business team on knowledge management and change management.
- Under the Process management activity, you will be in charge of the Process Management activities. It includes the following:
- To be the CTO correspondent to the other departments, such as Finance, Back Office and other Support functions to gather the requirements and assess how to answer them with the means available within the CTO team.
- To follow up of the Internal Control Systems for the Underwriting Department, including KPIs for monitoring through dedicated tools (Tableau Report)
- To participate to the activities related to the enhancement of the underwriting process.
- Key duties and responsibilities
- Tool management
- Gather and challenge business requirements and participate to solution elaboration.
- Carry out study phases and contribute to functional and technical specifications design.
- Contribute to the project plan definition: workload assessment, project team, planning, etc.
- Ensure clean and accurate documentation such as business requirements, flow diagram, functional architecture, and all other technical specifications and ensure that all documents are safely kept and accessible for future reference.
- Setup and applies Agile methodology.
- Capable in writing User stories in a structural model and tests cases
- Define the test strategy, write the tests cases and participate actively to tests, consolidate the results and present them with IT.
- Proactively contribute to change management: support end users in new processes and solutions
- Process Management
- Participate to Specialty Insurance Change Management activities (onboarding of managers, training of users, communication) made necessary by new or amended tools and processes and/or changes in Specialty Insurance organization and workforce (new SI offices, new underwriters or TAs)
- Develop and maintain process documentation.
- Ensure that KPIs are in line with ICS, reliable and up to date.
- Gather the requirements of all stakeholders, make recommendations and seek their approvals (Underwriting / CTO) and implement the proposed solutions through new controls, new KPIs….
- Required experience & competencies
At least 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst in a consulting firm, and / or IT project for an insurance company. Knowledge of underwriting processes and/ or tools with an international scope is a plus.
Your experience has enabled you to acquire a good knowledge in IT project management and business process analysis.
Candidate should demonstrate previous experience in large-scale projects built.
The role requires fluent English skills (oral & written). The candidate must be open minded and used to working in a cross-cultural environment
- Good writing /presenting skills and analytical mind/impact assessment
- Multi-tasking: ability to multi-task, working on more than one issue simultaneously.
- Autonomy: be able to carry out tasks in autonomy and collaborate with a worldwide team.
- Strength of proposal.
- Good understanding of Business and IT processes and willingness to constantly update knowledge.
- Proactive, open-minded and good team spirit.
- Advanced skills in Excel, VBA and Tableaux.
- Experience with the Agile methodology (user stories, grooming sessions…)
- IT skills is a plus
- Required Education
Engineering degree required or equivalent